Whether you own one truck or a fleet of commercial trucks, having the right insurance can help protect you from property losses and unexpected lawsuits. You need to insure your trucks to ensure that goods get to the destination safely and to guard against any mishap that may happen on the road. There are many policies you can take out for your car depending on a number of factors such as how you use your truck, distance the truck covers etc. With the right cheap truck insurance, you can cover your truck, workers and liability all at once.
Types of insurance covers for your truck:
There are many truck insurance policies, listed below are some of the most common policies and their benefits.
1. Primary liability insurance – This insurance is required by the law as a minimum. The policy covers against damage and injuries that would occur to the other vehicle and driver in case of an accident. Primary insurance does not cover your vehicle or driver; you might therefore want to consider taking another insurance to protect you against liabilities.
2. General liability insurance – General liability insurance will cover your truck when not in the road and against vandalism and theft. Anything can happen during loading, offloading, at parking lots.
3. Workers compensation insurance – As the name suggests this policy will protect you against lawsuits by your workers in case they are injured while on duty. This insurance will apply if you have employed workers to operate your truck
How to get cheap truck insurance
To find the best cheap truck insurance without comprising on coverage, you need to do your homework and shop around. Sometimes cheap policies may end up hurting you if the lacks proper coverage. Listed below are important tips to help you find the quality cheap truck insurance
1. Shop around – Different insurance companies offer different policies at varying rates and discounts. Shopping around and comparing the various policies available will help you get the best deal
2. Match the cover with your risks – If you under insure, you could end up with huge losses in case of an accident or damages. Find the right cover and match it to your risks to avoid losses in the future
3. Keep your credit scores high – A good credit score attracts reduced premium. Ensure that you have a good credit score before taking out insurance.
4. Pay in lump sum – If you are able to, paying in full can help you save a lot of money on your truck insurance. Paying in small bits will make you end up paying more interest rate.
5. Increase the deductable – increasing your deductable can help you save from up to 5-10% of the insurance.
6. Ask for discounts – Getting discount on your cover is one way of ensuring that you get cheap insurance for your truck. When shopping around, be sure to ask whether the company offers any discount.
Finding cheap truck insurance can be an uphill task, you want insurance that is not only cheap but meets your requirements. Do your homework and get advice to help you choose the best cheap truck insurance in your area.